Career Development Partner Information
Interested in working with NFL players? Partner with us to provide professional development opportunities for players and help them build their future careers.
Having the opportunity to host externs was a win all around. They brought fresh perspectives and a boost of energy to our team, all while gaining meaningful experiences for their own professional development.
Our career development programming aims to provide players with an opportunity to gain experience, discover career interests, build new skills, and make valuable connections. Our hope is that you will see firsthand the valuable skillset and perspective our players can bring to your organization. Available programming options include:
- NFLPA Externship | Provide players hands-on experience and a glimpse into working in a full-time capacity within your organization for a one- to three-week period. To learn more, view our program handbook. Information for players is available here.
Timeline: February - March
- Global Job Shadowing | Facilitate a short-term experience (up to 3 days) providing initial insight into various positions, career paths, and what it takes to be successful in your field. Information for players is available here.
Timeline: June - July
- Career Conversations | Connect players with your staff via phone or video calls to share overviews on career paths, area(s) of expertise and general professional experience. Information for players is available here.
Timeline: April – July; September – December
- The Trust Fellowship | Hire former players for extended terms (6 months to 1 year) to provide more substantial experience and opportunities for potential job placement. Information for players and partners is available here.
- Job Fairs | Connect with former players ready to enter the workforce at events hosted by The Trust and the NFLPA's Former Player Services Department.
Our externs were phenomenal- they jumped right in & brought the same level of professionalism & intensity to their 3 weeks as I know they bring on the field. It was great to have them on site- they were smart, personable & asked all the right questions.
A Look Back
Since our externship program began in 2014, we are proud to have served...
Former UVA Football Players Take Advantage of NFLPA ProgramRead more
Professional Athletes Tackle Tech Transfer and Commercialization at NASARead more
He struggled after the NFL. Now he’s in Congress, and paying it forwardRead more
Dallas Cowboys star D.J. White opens up about externship experience with NFLPA and FanaticsRead more
How The NFLPA Helps Players Succeed Off The Field And In Life After FootballRead more
How Pat DiMarco is using the NFL offseason to invest in his futureRead more