Apply to Be a Financial Advisor
Take the first steps.
You have the unprecedented opportunity to establish a professional relationship with NFL players. We provide NFL players access to a diverse group of qualified financial advisors. Applications for registration are now closed. The next application period will open in Spring of 2021. Please review the NFLPA Regulations and Code of Conduct Governing Registered Player Financial Advisors (“Regulations”) and FAQs before applying.
All financial advisors must have appropriate professional qualifications to be eligible to participate and pass a background investigation.
The eligibility requirements for advisors include, but are not limited, to the following:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
2. Every Applicant shall be a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) and/or a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA).
3. Minimum of eight (8) years of licensed experience (qualifying licenses include FINRA series licenses, Attorney, CPA or an insurance license).
4. Fidelity bonding and professional liability insurance coverage as indicated in Section Two II D of the Regulations.
5. No civil, criminal or regulatory history related to fraud.
6. No pending customer complaints or litigation at the time of application.
7. Must not maintain custody of player funds unless deemed a qualified custodian
It is imperative that you understand all of the Regulations before signing and submitting your Application to the NFLPA.
The Application fee is $2,000 and is non-refundable; the membership fee is $500. The total fee is $2,500 and must be submitted with the application. All fees collected by the NFLPA are used exclusively to defray the costs affiliated with the operation of the non-profit Financial Advisor Registration Program.