Apply to Become a Registered Player Financial Advisor
Take the first steps.
You have a remarkable chance to develop a professional relationship with NFL players! The NFLPA provides players and their contract advisors access to qualified financial advisors who meet the established eligibility requirements. We encourage you to apply and review the important information below.
The initial application window is now closed. The initial application window will reopen in Spring 2024.
Before applying, please thoroughly review the NFLPA Regulations and Code of Conduct Governing Registered Player Financial Advisors (Regulations) and FAQs. All applicants must have the appropriate professional qualifications to become eligible for participation and pass a background investigation. The following is a summary of prospective advisors' eligibility criteria for consideration for approval.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
2. Every Applicant shall be a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) and/or a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA).
3. Minimum of eight (8) years of licensed experience (qualifying licenses include FINRA series licenses, Attorney, CPA or an insurance license).
4. Fidelity bonding and professional liability insurance coverage as indicated in Section Two II D of the Regulations.
5. No civil, criminal or regulatory history related to fraud.
6. No pending customer complaints or litigation at the time of application.
7. Must not maintain custody of player funds unless deemed a qualified custodian
It is imperative that you understand all of the Regulations before signing and submitting your Application to the NFLPA.
The non-refundable Application fee is $2,500. You must submit the full fee and your completed Application to Jensen Hughes. All fees collected by Jensen Hughes are related to costs associated with the background investigation and administrative costs incurred by Jensen Hughes. The NFLPA does not collect fees for the evaluation of applicants.