Learn more about how to meet your nutritional needs with resources to help you stay healthy on and off the field. Click a topic below to learn more.
Cigna Nutrition Benefits
The NFL Player Insurance Plan covers three total visits per calendar year to receive nutritional evaluation and/or nutritional counseling sessions (subject to underlying plan copay/coinsurance). If there is underlying diagnosis for certain conditions such as diabetes, no visit maximum would apply.
As with any provider, it’s easiest if you locate someone who is in-network and familiar with how to submit claims. Access an RD in your area by logging on to mycigna.com.
- Registered Dietician Discounts - Save up to 25% on dietician or nutritionist services through the Choose Healthy program. Register here.
- Cigna Healthy Rewards is pleased to offer you access to discounted home delivered meals through Mom's Meals®
- 5 Tips To Improve Sleep With Healthy Eating
- How Does Breakfast Impact Your Sleep Health?
- Sleeping After Eating: Nighttime Snack 411
- Healthier Alternatives To Common Sports Foods
- Warm Nightcap Drinks For Better Sleep
- A Protein-Rich Dinner For Sleep And Recovery
- Morning Energy Boosters Without The Coffee
- Sleep Too Little And You'll Eat Too Much
Staying hydrated is key to optimal body function. Be intentional about consuming things that replenish your system. Read more here!
As a football player, managing pain becomes a part of the job. Learn more about foods role in pain management.
- Smart Eating Tips for Eating Out
- Should I Only Eat Organic?
- Right Size Your Portions
- Maximize Your Efforts: Pre Workout Nutrition
- Keys to Reading a Nutrition Label
- Fiber For Everyone
- Eat Fats That Give Back
- Eat a Rainbow
- Foods to Fight Inflammation
- 10 Things Healthy People Do Before Noon
- Nutrition Essentials To Heal Faster
- 5 Tips To Simplify Nutrition