Investor Panels, Human Performance Insights, and Business Showcase Highlight New Features at Eighth Annual NFLPA Pitch Day
Investors and Businesses Take the Stage During Super Bowl Week in Las Vegas — Where the Worlds of Athletes, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Converge
The NFL Players Association is unveiling details for the 8th Annual NFLPA Pitch Day, a flagship event scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 7 in Las Vegas. This program serves as a platform for cutting-edge consumer products and technology companies to pitch their innovations, aiming for funding, mentorship, and exclusive marketing opportunities with NFL players from the NFLPA. The 2024 edition introduces new elements, transforming it into an unmatched knowledge hub in sports innovation and business. With features like investment chalk talks, human performance insights, and a business showcase, the event offers an immersive experience for companies seeking support and expertise in navigating the entrepreneurial landscape.
New Elements for 2024
- Fireside Chat: Former NFL champion tight end turned entrepreneur Vernon Davis shares his personal thoughts into the vital role athletes play in driving innovation and investment within the entrepreneurial landscape.
- Players-only Investor Roundtable: This year’s Pitch Day introduces an Investor Roundtable for NFL players to connect with investors and discuss trends in the industry. Experts include Rouz Jazayeri, Co-Founder and Managing Director at Catapult Ventures; Ryan Nece, Managing Partner at Next Legacy Partners, and Jacob Mullins, Managing Director, Shasta Ventures. The roundtable will be moderated by Fielding Jamieson, Sr. Director, R/GA Ventures & Managing Director, GSVS.
- Innovations in Human Performance Panel: This panel explores the nexus of technology and athletic prowess. Founder of Shiftwave, Mike North, Founder of Socrates, Scott Smith, and Brainlit CEO, Kyle Harris, will discuss innovations in health, wellness, and human performance that are reshaping sports and revolutionizing injury recovery techniques. Moderated by Stephania Bell, ESPN senior writer and injury analyst.
- Business Showcase: The Business Showcase allocates a specific area for participating companies, alongside select player-led businesses and health, wellness, and human performance companies. This showcase offers visibility to portfolio companies providing insight into the innovative ventures thriving within the NFLPA’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Athlete Entrepreneurs & Experts: These accomplished athletes are set to take part in the NFLPA Pitch Day. The judging panel comprises Kelvin Beachum, Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman, philanthropist, and investor, alongside Baron Davis, entrepreneur, investor, and former NBA all-star. Brandon Copeland, NFL veteran, Ivy League professor, philanthropist and entrepreneur will assume the role of Pitch Day Emcee. The showcase will also feature current and active players such as Malik Jackson, Doug Middleton, Ryan Munday and Cassius March.
Pitch Day Format
Early-stage companies present their vision and products to a distinguished judging panel comprising professional athletes and industry experts, allowing for direct engagement between entrepreneurs, investors, and athletes.
- The winning pitch receives $25,000 in NFLPA marketing consultation, services and NFL player activations.
- Past winners, including Healium, WHOOP, round21, SwayBrand, and Culina Health stand as a testament to the transformative impact of NFLPA Pitch Day on early-stage companies.
2024 Pitch Day Companies
DrinKicks: A sneaker themed consumer packaged goods company that is focused on repurposing food waste and recycled materials into sustainable goods such as shoes, sports equipment, and clothing all while educating consumers on the power of the circular economy.
RevereXR: Creates immersive storytelling experiences that documents, promotes, pays homage, preserves cultural history and celebrates cities and communities.
Playfinity: Norwegian Active Gaming company on a mission to create a more active future for kids. Playfinity develops products, technology, and experiences that inspire, motivate, and connect youth, coaches, parents, families, friends, and teammates around the world, providing new ways to train, play, compete, and have fun together based on the sports they love.