Things to Know About the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List
Patrick Mahomes II again sits atop the NFLPA’s Top 50 Player Sales list, while Tom Brady finished in the top 3 for a record 17th time, both Lamar Jackson and rookie Tua Tagovailoa continue their momentum into the top 5, and Cam Newton celebrated his return to the list by bursting into the top 10.
The list is based on total sales of all officially licensed NFL player merchandise, tracking year-to-date results March 1-August 31, 2020, for the most up-to-date, comprehensive sales figures currently available. These are the only verified rankings of all officially licensed NFL player product sold from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 80 NFLPA licensees. Licensed product across hardline, apparel, digital, and unconventional categories, including men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys, T-shirts and hoodies, backpacks, wall decals, pennants, collectible figurines, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, plush, drinkware, pet products, and many more.
Top 10 players among all officially licensed product sold:
- Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Miami Dolphins
- Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati Bengals
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
- Cam Newton, QB, New England Patriots
- Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
Below are player sales highlights for the second quarter:
- Cam Newton is no stranger to the Top 50 list, but his popularity is soaring in his new market of Boston. He currently ranks No. 8, which is his first appearance in the top 10 since 2017.
- This marks a record 17th appearance for Tom Brady in the top three since the list’s inception in 2014 – and he has never ranked outside of the top nine.
- Top 5 NFL players in jersey sales – combined from Fanatics and collegiate jerseys from Nike, adidas and Under Armour – are Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes II, Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa, and Baker Mayfield.
- Funko Pop! vinyl saw Lamar Jackson lead the way in sales, followed by Patrick Mahomes II, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson.
- Sales of bobbleheads and other products by FOCO were led by Patrick Mahomes II, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Tom Brady, and Travis Kelce.
- Patrick Mahomes II, Saquon Barkley, Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, and Aaron Rodgers were best sellers of licensed pet apparel from Pets First.
- Fathead wall decals and cutouts of Patrick Mahomes II, Lamar Jackson, Ezekiel Elliott, Saquon Barkley, and Tom Brady were top five fan favorites.
- Rookie Joe Burrow sold the most Wincraft pins, koozies, posters and stickers than the next player, Tom Brady. Patrick Mahomes II, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Rodgers rounded out the top five.
- 500 Level T-shirts featuring the likenesses of Patrick Mahomes II, Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa, Tom Brady, Ezekiel Elliott, CeeDee Lamb, and Joe Burrow were top sellers.
- Hallmark’s NFL player plush and holiday ornaments were led by Patrick Mahomes II, James Conner, Deshaun Watson, and Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Patrick Mahomes II, Jimmy Garoppolo, Adam Thielen, Saquon Barkley, and Ezekiel Elliott made up the top 5 in sales of socks as reported by licensees FBF Originals, Strideline, and Rock Em.
- Of the top 5 leaders in sales of commemorative coins, puzzles, and collectible trains from Bradford Exchange, four were Kansas City Chiefs players: Patrick Mahomes II, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Tyrann Mathieu.