What You Need to Know About the Latest NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List
Brady and Mahomes continue their top-two dominance; emerging players climb the quarterly sales rankings
The NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List features a mix of new and familiar faces, including perennial best-selling players, rising veterans and exciting rookies. Sales of products featuring Tom Brady haven’t slowed into the new season as he still leads all NFL player sales in officially licensed player-identified merchandise. Meanwhile, rookie QB, Justin Fields, continues his momentum into the top echelon of best-selling players.
This list is the only verified ranking of all officially licensed NFL player products sold online and in traditional retail outlets between March 1 – August 31, 2021, as reported by more than 85 NFLPA licensees. Licensed products across hardline, apparel, digital, and unconventional categories include items such as game jerseys, T-shirts, hoodies, bobbleheads, plush toys, socks, face coverings, headbands, figurines, wall decals, backpacks, pennants, photos, drinkware, pet products and many more.
Top 10 players among all officially licensed products sold:
- Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- Justin Fields, QB, Chicago Bears
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- George Kittle, TE, San Francisco 49ers
- CeeDee Lamb, WR, Dallas Cowboys
- Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills
- Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
Below are player sales highlights for the second quarter:
- Top five jersey sales combined from Fanatics and DCM (for NFL jerseys) and Adidas, Nike and Under Armour (for collegiate jerseys) were powered by Patrick Mahomes II, George Kittle, CeeDee Lamb, Tom Brady and Justin Fields.
- The most popular customizable jerseys, T-shirts and hoodies sold by Fanatics featured Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Fields, George Kittle and Josh Allen.
- The top five players featured in youth apparel from Outerstuff were Patrick Mahomes, George Kittle, Tom Brady, Josh Jacobs and Lamar Jackson.
- Real-time, moment-driven T-shirt maker BreakingT saw big sales from Justin Fields, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Jefferson, Travis Kelce and Julio Jones.
- Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Tom Brady, Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers topped in sock sales as reported by FBF Originals, Rock ‘Em and Strideline.
- Five quarterbacks led sales of Fathead wall decals and cutouts including Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.
- Funko reported sales of Pop vinyl collectibles were led by Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, George Kittle and DK Metcalf.
- Teammates Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Lavonte David and Rob Gronkowski led sales of commemorative coins, puzzles and trains from Bradford Exchange.
- Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes and Alvin Kamara powered sales of reloadable debit cards from CARD.com.
- Among the top-selling collegiate co-branded drinkware from new licensee GameTime Sidekicks were Kyle Pitts, DeVonta Smith, Tua Tagovailoa and DK Metcalf.
- Patrick Mahomes led sales of JUNK athletic headbands, accessories from Party Animal and calendars from The Lang Company.
- Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Josh Allen were best sellers of medical scrubs for nurses and doctors from TiScrubs.