Things To Know About The NFLPA’s Top 50 Player Sales List
Four Players Appearing in Super Bowl LVI: Joe Burrow, Aaron Donald, Matthew Stafford and Ja’Marr Chase
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT NFLPA’S TOP 50 PLAYER SALES LIST MARCH 1 - NOVEMBER 30, 2021
Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes continue their retail dominance, again finishing 1-2 on the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales list. This reports sales of all officially licensed NFL player merchandise March 1 through November 30, 2021, serving as the most up-to-date, comprehensive sales figures currently available. Either Brady or Mahomes has been atop the quarterly or year-end list 11 straight times since October 2018.
Among the ascendant stars jostling for the top spot on the year-end list, which is released in April, are Josh Allen, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, CeeDee Lamb, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. In fact, this year’s Super Bowl will feature four players on the sales list including Cincinnati’s Burrow and rookie sensation Ja’Marr Chase as well as the Rams’ duo of veterans Aaron Donald and Matthew Stafford.
The list represents the only verified rankings of all officially licensed NFL player product sold from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by 80+ NFLPA licensees. Licensed product across hardline, apparel, digital, and unconventional categories include items such as: game jerseys, T-shirts, hoodies, bobbleheads, plush toys, socks, face coverings, headbands, figurines, wall decals, backpacks, pennants, photos, drinkware, pet products and many more.
The Top 10 from all officially licensed product sold:
- Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay
- Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Kansas City
- Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas
- Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo
- Mac Jones, QB, New England
- Justin Fields, QB, Chicago
- CeeDee Lamb, WR, Dallas
- George Kittle, TE, San Francisco
- Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore
- Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati
Below are player sales highlights for the third quarter:
- Joe Burrow moved up 4 spots to land in the top 10, while 2021 Rising Star rookie Mac Jones landed on the list for the first time at No. 5. Veteran Josh Allen also moved up three spots into the top 5.
- Top five NFL players in jersey sales combined from Fanatics and collegiate jerseys from Fanatics, adidas and Under Armour featured Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, Josh Allen and Mac Jones.
- T.J. Watt, at No. 14, is the highest ranked linebacker since Khalil Mack in 2020. In total, seven defensive players appear on the list, with Micah Parsons appearing for the first time at No. 38.
- Top five player bobbleheads made by FOCO featured Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence and Travis Kelce.
- Fathead wall decals and cutouts featuring quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson were top five fan favorites.
- Josh Allen and Trevor Lawrence were neck and neck in sales of commemorative footballs from Rawlings, while Allen led in sales of Wincraft pins, koozies, posters and stickers.
- Top sellers of performance headbands from JUNK brands were Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Tom Brady, Baker Mayfield and Dak Prescott.
- T-shirt sales from Bleacher Report were led by CeeDee Lamb, followed by Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers.
- Tom Brady led sales of Funko Pop! Vinyl figurines, Highland Mint framed memorabilia, and caps from Lids.
- Patrick Mahomes led sales of collegiate co-brand drinkware from GameTime Sidekicks, followed by Joe Burrow. He also led in MBI, youth apparel from Outerstuff, The Lang Company calendars, accessories from Party Animal and medical scrubs for nurses and doctors from TiScrubs.