Enhance your networking skills and set the stage for future opportunities.
CAREER CONVERSATIONS SERIES
Join leaders and executives from various industries to discuss:
- career paths
- current trends
- how to achieve success and capitalize on opportunities.
Each virtual session includes:
- One hour discussion among leaders and executives
- Open Q&A
- Insight from former players who found success in the industry
Pre-Session | Connecting Your Interests to Future Career Opportunities
6/18 @ 12 PM ET
Learn how Game Plan's Next Play Pro & Athlete Interest career assessments can help you connect your athlete identity and interests with various career paths and industries.
Session 1 | Understanding Roles and Opportunities within Real Estate
6/21 @ 12 PM ET
Douglas Elliman Real Estate is here to provide guidance on creating and leveraging your network to achieve success in the real estate industry.
- Jay Parker (CEO of Brokerage, FL and President of Development Marketing)
- Stephen Kotler (CEO of Brokerage Western Region)
- Rosemarie Laffler (Director of VIP Agent Experience and Director of Sports & Entertainment)
Brett Miller (Licensed Salesperson; Former NFL Player)
Doug Waechter (Realtor Associate; Former MLB Player)
Session 2 | A Beginner's Guide to Esports and Livestreaming
6/22 @ 12 PM ET
Pipeline's CEO and former professional League of Legends streamer, Stephen "Snoopeh" Ellis, will be sharing where the gaming industry is headed, what you need to successfully stream, and how to market your channel.
- Steven "Snoopeh" Ellis (Co-Founder, Pipeline)
- Jake Butt (NFL Player)
Session 3 | Career Paths in Collegiate Athletics
6/23 @ 12 PM ET
You'll hear from several different roles - from Assistant ADs to a Conference personnel - to expand your horizons and learn how to break into athletic administration.
- Courtney Gay (Assistant Athletic Director Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; University of Georgia)
- Ted White (Deputy Athletics Director for Strategic Advancement; University of Virginia)
- Edward Jones (Assistant Athletic Director, Player Development; Baylor)
- Shamaree Brown (Director of Student-Athlete Programs and Compliance, ACC
- Carrie White (COO, AthLife)
- Terrence Fede (Fellow, NFLPA)
- Bishop Sankey (Fellow, NFLPA)
Session 4 | The Ins & Outs of Venture Capital
6/24 @ 12 PM ET
Learn from some of the best voices in the venture capital space on key elements of the start-up landscape, identifying the right opportunities, and putting your social and financial capital to work.
- Ryan Nece (Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Next Play Capital)
- Rouz Jazayeri (Co-Founder & Managing Director, Catapult Ventures)
- Maha Ibrahim (General Partner, Canaan)
- Jacob Mullins (Managing Director, Shasta Ventures)
Session 5 | Developing Your Brand through Storytelling
6/25 @ 12 PM ET
The Players' Tribune is on the cutting edge of helping athletes tell their stories. Learn how to leverage your unique story and experiences into opportunities to enhance your brand.
- Chris Bernard (SVP, Athlete Marketing & Development)
- Lisa Phillips (Senior Director, Athlete Marketing & Development)
- Sean Conboy (Editor in Chief)
- Ashley Robinson (Head of Original Development & Production)
- Cameron Lynch (Media Professional, Founder of HeartWork Media, & Former NFL Player)
Session 6 | How to Build Your Career in Law Enforcement
6/25 @ 1:30 PM ET
Former professional athletes who have transitioned into roles across different law enforcement agencies will share tips on identifying the right opportunities and transitioning successfully into this industry.
- Tim Christine (Director of Security; NFLPA)
- Isaac Asiata (Provo PD)
- Dorian Brooks (Arlington County PD)
- Jamar Newsome (U.S. Secret Service)
- Deitan Dubuc (Minneapolis PD)
- Kevin Youngblood (U.S. Secret Service)
- Cam Gordon (FBI)
Career Conversations: 1-on-1 Sessions
DATES: April - July; September - December | Dependent on Player & Partner
Connect with professionals and experts in various careers and industries for a 30-minute to 1-hour call to learn more about their role and what it takes to be successful.
Available connections include EA Sports, University of Virginia Athletics, United Way, and many more! Click the sign-up link below to see what’s available.