Every two years, all 32 teams elect new player representatives through a nomination process during your fall union meetings. The next elections will take place in Fall 2024.
Each team elects one rep and two or three alternates to serve as the main links between your locker room and our union.
As a player representative, your role expands from teammate to leader. Your responsibilities will include:
- Share player concerns and needs with your Player Director and Executive Director
- Take the pulse of your locker room to generate topics for the NFLPA to address
Provide a Voice
- Promote NFLPA programs and services
- Stay in the know about all important player information
- Advance the policies and mission statement of the NFLPA
- Assist with collection of dues and GLAs
- Alert NFLPA about any potential CBA violations
- Connect teammates to NFLPA about possible grievances and/or workers comp issues
- Help with getting players signed up to nflplayerbenefits.com and to maximize their 401K contributions
- Mandatory attendance at annual player rep meeting
- Encourage use of NFLPA resources and programs, particularly with benefits and financial literacy
- Attend at least one NFLPA event per term: Competition Committee Meeting at NFL Combine, or local Trust event