Injury is part of the game. Make sure you get the best care possible and utilize all your medical rights. The best ways to protect yourself and help the NFLPA protect you are:
Access your EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Ask your Head Trainer to publish your medical records
- Check your email for email@example.com
- Use the link within 7 days to set username/password
- Contact Willis.Whalen@nflpa.com with questions
Keep an Injury Log
- Tracking this on a note in your phone works great
- Note the date of the injury
- Describe the injury
- Take a photo of the injury (progress pics)
- List type of treatment and start/stop dates
If you are injured during the fall and go on IR, check to see if you can join a session of our PAIR program, giving you the chance to develop your off-field skill set during this time and connect with other players in similar situations.
Contact your Player Director to discuss workers compensation, team obligations, and mental health resources.